2017 Municipal General Election Information for Voters
Election Day is Monday, October 16th, 2017. Voting Stations will open at 10:00 a.m. and will be open nonstop until 8:00 p.m.
The following dates and places pertaining to the 2017 Municipal General Election are as follows:
Nomination Day – September 18, 2017 from 8:15 a.m. to 12 p.m. at City Hall
2017 Municipal General Election Advance Incapacitated Vote – October 7 and October 14, 2017 from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.*
2017 Municipal General Election Advance Vote - October 7 and October 14, 2017 from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. at City Hall
2017 Municipal General Election – October 16, 2017 from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. JBS Canada Centre, Cenovus Flex Hall
The following Institutional Voting Stations were established by Council for the 2017 Municipal General Election on October 16, 2017:
- Brooks Health Centre 440 - 3 Street East
- Extended Care (Auxiliary Hospital & Nursing Home - Brooks Health Centre) 440 - 3 Street East
- Newbrook Lodge 500 - 3 Street East
- Orchard Manor 951 Cassils Road West
- Pioneer Villa Courts I, II, III, & IV 426 - 3 Avenue West
- Sunrise Gardens 1235 - 3 Street West
*Only residents of these facilities can vote at these stations.For those utilizing the Advance Incapacitated Vote, please contact City Hall by October 2, 2017. Please also note that this will be the only date for the Incapacitated Vote.
NomineesCandidates Nomination Information
Notice of Institutional Polls, Election Requirements, Notice of Advance Polls and Advance Vote Qualifications
All voters require Voter Identification, each voter must produce one (1) piece of identification that establishes both the elector’s name and current address. Information on acceptable forms of voter identification is available here.
You are eligible to vote if:
- You are 18 years of age or older
- You are a Canadian Citizen You have resided in Alberta in the six (6) months immediately preceding Election Day
- You are a resident of the City of Brooks on Election Day
- You have acceptable voter identification
- You sign a declaration that you meet these qualifications
Where do I Vote?
A voter is eligible to vote only at the voting station for the voting subdivision in which the voter’s place of residence is located on Election Day.
Information on known public forums are provided on the website. None of these forums are hosted by the City of Brooks. This is only to provide information to the public. If you have any questions about any of the forums, please contact the Organizer.
If any organizations wish to add their forums on the City’s website, please email the information to the Returning Officer/Deputy Returning Officer for consideration.
Deputy Returning Officer
Deputy Returning Officer