Business Resources & Grants
Brooks Region - snapshot of key industries, quality of life, sties & buildings, business highlights, projects, stories and more.
1. Alberta Economic Dashboard - quick snapshot of current economic state and detailed important indicators for business
2. Alberta Innovation and Advanced Education - aligns economic development activities in the province with post-secondary education, entrepreneurship, industry training, research, and innovation.
3. BizPal - obtain specific business permitting and licensing information from a single source.
4. Business Link - business information and services for new and expanding Alberta businesses.
5. Community Futures Entre-Corp Business Development - is your first stop for all your business start up needs. Community Futures offer small business counseling, training and business plan development assistance. In addition, they offer small business loans up to $150,000 to aid in your business start-up.
For those requiring additional assistance, they also offer an 8-week Self-Employment Training Course. For more information on Community Futures Entre-Corp visit the Entre-Corp website or call 403-528-2824.
For a complete online resource on the specifics of starting a business, consider Government of Canada's Business Start-Up Assistant.
6. Futurpreneur - financing options for young entrepreneurs (18 to 34 years old).
7. GRANTS - funding opportunities that support thriving communities and economic prosperity in Alberta.
8. Brooks & District Chamber of Commerce - provides networking and business development opportunities for the City of Brooks and County of Newell.
9. Invest in Alberta - all you need to know to invest in Alberta
10. Small Business Alberta - Alberta Small Business Resources is a directory of business resources for new and established entrepreneurs.