Residential Yard Waste Information
- Final Week of Yard Waste Collection is October 23-27
- Fall Yard Waste Clean Up is November 1-3: Fall Clean-Up is a city-wide program that is designed to assist residents in disposing of excess yard waste. Residents can dispose of yard waste by bagging it in clear plastic bags or compostable paper bags and leaving the bags where your normally scheduled pick-up occurs (not in your yard waste bin).
The City of Brooks provides residential yard waste bins for seasonal yard waste collection to single-family homes. Bins are collected every week during the season the program is in operation.
Set your bin out by 7 a.m. on your collection day.
When Does Collection Begin?
- Yard Waste Collection will begin Monday, May 1st, 2023.
What Goes in a Yard Waste Bin?
- Grass Clippings
- Small Branches 1/4 inch in diameter
- Please do not put branches greater than 1/4 inch in diameter in your yard waste bin as they can cause damage to the equipment.
- DO NOT bag your yard waste. Just place it directly into your bin.
Residential Yard Waste Collection Map
If your residential yard waste bin has been missed, please click here to file a report or call 403-362-3146.
Common reasons for missed pickup:
- Bin was not set out by 7 a.m. on your collection day.
- We could not access your bin because it was improperly placed or blocked
- Unacceptable items were placed in your bin.
Get, Replace, or Fix a Bin
Residential garbage bins are the property of The City of Brooks and are assigned to homes rather than people. Please do not take your cart with you when you move.
To request a new bin, please call 403-362-3146.
Taking Care of Your Bins
You are responsible for taking care of your bins and keeping them clean.
Follow these steps to keep your bins clean:
- Sprinkle some baking soda at the bottom of your bins.
- Rinse the bin with a hose and pour the water onto grass/gravel, not down the storm drain.
Follow these steps to prevent bins from being taken/lost:
- Write your address on the side of your bins.
- Write down the serial number and keep it somewhere safe. This helps us identify your bin.
- Store your bins on your own property.