Municipal Enforcement

Municipal Enforcement Trucks


The City of Brooks Municipal Enforcement Department is not an emergency response agency. All emergencies should be directed to the appropriate emergency service by calling 911.

Peace / Bylaw Officers

City of Brooks employs Community Peace Officers and Bylaw Enforcement Officers to enforce Bylaws and Provincial Statutes throughout the City of Brooks. Calls for service of a non-emergency nature involving municipal bylaw offences including animal control issues can be made by calling 403-362-2331.

Animal Control

City of Brooks Municipal Enforcement Officers act as Animal Control Officers within the City limits. If a resident has an issue with a domestic animal, as covered under the Animal Control Bylaw (PDF), please call 403-362-2331 during office hours only.

If you're looking to license your pet, please click here.

For all AFTER HOURS Animal Control complaints, please call the RCMP non-emergency line at 403-362-5535.

For animal protection, sheltering, please contact Brooks Animal Protection Society at 403-362-4323 or visit their website.

Municipal Tickets

City of Brooks Bylaw and Community Peace Officers respond to complaints directly from community members and from patrols relating to quality of life, such as noise and nuisance complaints and vehicle parking violations.

Enforcement methods available to the City of Brooks are:

  • Achieving compliance by agreement or warning
  • Issuing a fine (Municipal Ticket Information)
  • Direct enforcement of those Bylaws that authorize staff to take action
  • Court proceedings