City Council Regular Meetings
- 4:30 p.m.
- 1st & 3rd Mondays of each month
- Council Chambers
- Upcoming Cancellations: July 18, August 2
Council Committee Meetings
- 4:30 p.m
- 2nd & 4th Tuesday of each month
- Hayes Room
- Upcoming Cancellations: July 12, July 26, August 9
Agendas & Minutes
- Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
- View Most Recent Agendas and Minutes.
Strategic Focus Areas 2021-2025
- City Council plans an annual Corporate Retreat where strategic focus areas are discussed. The most recent Corporate Retreat was held in March, 2022 and the following are the strategic focus areas that were set by Council.
- Strategic Focus Areas 2021-2025
Council is the approving authority on recommendations by the standing committees, staff or other Boards and Commissions. Examples of business items presented to Council include agreements, leases, accounts payables, financial statements, bylaws, budget, capital purchases and statutory documents. Council has the authority to add other items for basic discussion and to discuss items In Camera if the issue deals with:
Make a Presentation to Council
- Please note, if you're interested in making a presentation to Council, you must be registered as a delegation before you can address Council. If you are interested in presenting an item to Council, please complete the delegation form (PDF) and contact the Executive Assistant at City Hall at 403-362-3333.
Boards, Committees & Commissions
Council members are appointed to various Boards, Committees and Commissions annually at the Organizational Meeting (held the second Council meeting in October). Council members are appointed as City representatives to serve in an advisory capacity.
Roles & Responsibilities
City Council members are elected officials where their principal role and responsibilities under the Municipal Government Act are: