Utility Billing Services
The City of Brooks charges for the following essential municipal services through bi-monthly utility rates. The utility charges cover the costs of sustainably delivering these services to residents:
- Water treatment & distribution;
- Waste water distribution and treatment;
- Garbage collection and regional landfill services; and,
- Recycling collection and services provided through Newell Recycling Association.
Any resident is eligible to set up a utility account and receive the bills for a service address; whether you own the property or are renting. If a renter does not set up a utility account, the utility bill will automatically be sent to, and be the responsibility of, the property owner. A $100 security deposit is required by all renters at the time of application.
If you have recently moved to the City of Brooks and would like further information on setting up and maintaining your utility account please download the complete Utility Billing Information Package (PDF). The City of Brooks encourages all residents to enroll in e-billing services. To sign up please visit my Brooks Online Services. Once enrolled you will receive notification of billings as they are generated instead of receiving a paper copy in the mail.
- What is included on my bi-monthly utility bill?
- What are the billing periods?
- How much is a typical utility bill for a family of four?
- How can I get a summary of my utility billing and consumption history?
- Am I still charged if I don’t use any utility services?
- What is the recycling fee?
- Why is my business charged for Commercial garbage base rate when we do not have any garbage pickup with the City of Brooks?
- What does it mean if my unpaid utility charges were “transferred to taxes”?