Due to Alberta’s continued high case numbers, aggressive action is still required to protect our health system from being overwhelmed.
Provincial and regional health trends will continue to be monitored and assessed over the coming weeks to determine if further easing of restrictions may be considered.
Indoor Fitness Activities (Updated March 3rd)
JBS Canada Centre
Individual low-intensity exercise is NOT permitted under current provincial restrictions.
One-on-one Training with a Trainer
High-intensity exercise is now permitted for one-on-one training with a trainer.
- 1-on-1 training with a professional/certified trainer/coach is permitted, by appointment only. Please book in advance (we recommend at least the day prior) to avoid disappointment - call 403-362-3622 to book.
- Times can be booked in the fitness centre between 5:30am - 9pm Monday - Friday (Facility closes at 9pm). Trainers & clients both require memberships/regular admission fees apply.
- Other parts of the facility (fieldhouse, flexhall, sparrow) can be rented for 1-on-1 training - regular facility rental rates apply.
- Household facility rentals are now allowed (Sparrow, Flex, Field). All attendees of these bookings MUST live in the same household. Also, please note the single person booking cannot have two close contacts, can book as single only.
- Starting February 16, the JBS Canada Centre will be extending the available appointment and rental times to Monday – Friday 5:30am – 9pm and Weekends 8am to 8pm.
- Trainers must remain masked during the session.
- Access to the facility is through appointments and rentals only. Please come dressed and ready to workout/train wherever possible.
- All trainers/clients MUST check-in at the front desk upon arrival to the facility. Masks must be worn in the facility, except for when training.
- Physical distancing measures remain in place for each trainer/client pair. Please follow all guidelines and signage posted in the facility.
EID Aquatic Centre
The EID Aquatic Centre will remain closed until restrictions are eased further.
Centennial Regional Arena
- The walking track is open for one-on-one training.
- Track times will be 8:00am – 4:00pm Monday to Friday.
- By appointment only; drop-ins are not permitted under current restrictions. Appointments will be booked with 1-hour time-slots.
- Please arrive no sooner than 5 minutes before your time-slot starts.
- Please vacate the facility as soon as your time-slot ends.
- Masks must be worn while using the track.
- Please maintain a distance of 3m from others not of the same household at all times.
- Ice rentals are permitted for child/youth training, lessons and physical conditioning by bookings.
- Household facility rentals are permitted.
- Access is through either the north or south players entrance - depending on which change room will be used.
- If you'd like to get in contact with Recreation Facilities, please call 403-362-3622 or call City Hall at 403-362-3333.
Facility Rentals Information - February 17th
- Facility rentals will now be offered at a 50% discount. This includes the CRA & Sparrow arenas, Flexhall and Fieldhouse. (Excludes the EID aquatic centre and CRA Track as these are still closed).
- Minimum 1-hour booking. Payment will be required at the time of booking. Cancellation policy applies.
- All attendees for a booking MUST be from the same household; singles can book a facility for themselves.
- If you require equipment set up, let us know at the time of booking.
- Please check-in at the front desk prior to accessing your bookings.
- We encourage people to bring their own equipment, however, we do have some equipment that can be used. It will be cleaned and sanitized before and after each use. Facility space will be cleaned and sanitized in between bookings as well.
- Individuals/families that have a valid Recreation Fee Assistance membership can book the facility at no cost - must book in advance.
- All bookings need to be made by calling 403-362-3622 and are subject to availability.
- This temporary discount on fees is only available to individuals/households and will be reviewed on an ongoing basis as restrictions change.
- Bookings will be accepted up to a week in advance.
Definitions For "High-Intensity" and "Low-Intensity" Exercise
Low-intensity exercise includes: barre, Pilates, stretching, tai chi, low-intensity yoga (i.e. hatha, yin), light weightlifting, indoor rock climbing.
High-intensity exercise includes: bodybuilding/heavy weightlifting, aerobics, rowing, Zumba, bootcamp, circuit training, cross-fit, dance fitness, high-intensity interval training, kickboxing, spin, power yoga, swimming, etc.