Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
Brooks – The City of Brooks is excited to announce that it will once again be facilitating the Toys for Tickets campaign. The City will be accepting toys in lieu of payment for municipal parking tickets. All toys received will then be donated to local families through the Scotiabank Smiles for Christmas Toy Drive campaign.
• Any ticket with a value of $57 or less issued between November 16 and December 11 is eligible for the program.
• Bring your toy donation to City Hall.
• Those with multiple violations will have to bring in multiple new, unwrapped toys.
• Donations in lieu of ticket payments will only be accepted until December 11th.
“We experienced a great response from the community with our Toys for Tickets campaign in the past and wanted to provide this program to the community again,” says Amy Rommens, Manager of Administration “I’m hoping we experience another great response as the campaign lessens the financial difficulty of a ticket while supporting a great cause,” says Amanda Peterson, Deputy Chief Administrative Officer.
Toys donated in lieu of payment for parking tickets must be:
• Age-appropriate; children under 12.
• New, in their original packaging and not gift wrapped.
• Must be valued at least $30 - bring your receipt!
For more information about Toys for Tickets, please contact:
Manager of Administration